Scott Darnell Earns 2019 Lexus Design Awards Shortlist Honors



Late last year, with extraordinary support from Alex Montanez, Scott Darnell applied for the 2019 Lexus Design Awards. As you may have seen, he made the Shortlist, but was not named a Finalist. By watching this YouTube video published mid-March by Lexus, you can see what Scott and Alex came so close to achieving.

Here's how Scott's application began.

"I was an adventurous young man of 27 when a diving accident changed my world forever. Since then, as a C6/5 quadriplegic, I have focused my energies on creating 'tools' to maximize freedom and access for myself and others. Over the past 27 years, I've learned that almost everyone else in a wheelchair shares my dreams."

And here are some of the words describing the new product design, which offers "extraordinary benefits for users and their loved ones":

"...[our product] will immediately allow any of the world's millions of wheelchair users (even those with limited function) to expand their mobility options independently (unlike currently available competitive products, which require some help from others)."

Perhaps a future Lexus Design Awards competition will shape up differently. In the meantime, rest assured, Scott is more committed than ever to helping expand mobility options for wheelchair users. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts